Sunday, December 22, 2013

Personalized wine glasses in Santa Pants bag

Happy Sunday everyone!
 
 
 
Today I have a super cute project to share. My husband and I are doing Christmas with some friends and for their gifts I thought to do personalized wine glasses with their monogram etched. It is actually a SUPER EASY and cheap project. In all I spent $8 doing this, and I still have two wine glasses I can etch for a future gift. However, I already had a lot of the materials leading up to this... So, this being said here is the total rundown if you are doing this for the FIRST time.
 

Recipe

  • Etching cream: (20 oz.) $23 at Michaels (you can use a 40% off coupon though)
  • Vinyl: $1 at the dollar store
  • You will also need a digital cutting machine or stencils. If you opt for stencils there is the added cost of buying the different alphabets. If you have a Cricut or Silhouette Cameo, you are in luck. Nothing else needed not even a special needle.
 
I used my Cameo and used Goudy Old Style for the smaller letter to the side of the big cursive letter (their last name) and Baroque Script for the last name letter. As such:
 
Next, I cut it using the dollar store vinyl on my Silhouette and weeded the letters out. I then placed a new uncut piece of vinyl (roughly about the same size) on top of the previously weeded stencil and made sure all the little pieces stuck to the new one, including the main silhouette (or negative) piece out. I used it as transfer tape since I didn't have transfer tape.
 
Finally I just applied some etching cream and left it on for about 5 minutes. After, I just rinsed it and lifted the stencil and little pieces in the middle.
 
And here you have the final results:
 

 
 
To package it I made the Santa Pants using SVGcuts.com free Happy Holidays file.
 

Video

Direct youtube link: http://youtu.be/eFLQpWmps-I
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments :

  1. This is WAY to cute! I love the fun packaging and adorable etched glasses!!! super cute-so glad you shared!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift...thanks for playing along with us at Silhouette Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! What a fantastic gift idea - and such a super way to package them!!

    Happy New Year!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I found very beautiful gifts collection. I like it. Thank you

    Personalized Wine Glasses

    ReplyDelete

Questions or comments always welcomed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...